PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to update software center

Sparx139
May 2nd, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hey, I've just set myself up with lucid - to anyone involved in the development of it, congratulations; it was the easiest install I have ever done, and it looks and feels great.

However, I am having a small problem - when I've tried to install some new programs (specifically sunbird), it's told me that I need to update the software catalogue, and I can't find a function in the GUI to do so. I went into a terminal and used apt-get update in the hope that that would fix it as well as trying the update manager, and then went to the help file/google but didn't have any luck. I know I could install it through the command line, but I'd rather deal with this issue. Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Bug telling me to update the catalog when it's no longer available. Swapped to a different calendar program instead.

mykulz1
May 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Hey, i have the same problem what calendar program did you use?

lfanterickson
May 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I got that message when trying to get more information on Gstreamer Dirac video plugin. I'm trying to get one - any one - of the video players to work in 10.04 (and I agree about the easy download!) and radio streaming of a station I had working fine before I upgraded. I remembered that installing all of the Gstreamer plugins was recommended when I first got my machine for Christmas. Help with both, please!

I have Dragon Player, Kaffeine, and Banshee. I also have FM Radio Tuner, Realplayer 11 (maybe not all the way configured?), and Rhythmbox.

My favorite AM station streams fine without going through anything, but Yellowstone Public Radio wants to know what to use, when it didn't before. I'm missing Says You!

*Note* After posting this I downloaded the restricted software. I'll see if that helps.

**Note** Nope, neither with YPR nor DVDs. :-(

Silvernail
May 17th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I am having the same problems with the sunbird calendar. I need it, it is my brains. All my doctor appt. for the next 6 months. I still have the '.mozilla/sunbird' directory from 9.10 so I haven't lost the data, just access to it. Any solutions.

My upgrade went smoothly and fast. I have 'Rhythm box' hard coded to the internet radio station and it works fine.

I have not problems watching 'uStream' or YouTube'.

Still have trouble with the ex dash box being on the left side now.

felixq78
April 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Apparently you have all solved your problems but haven't bothered to enlighten anyone else who may be researching the same issue. "I'm alright Jack"

lisati
April 16th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Apparently you have all solved your problems but haven't bothered to enlighten anyone else who may be researching the same issue. "I'm alright Jack"

With this, thread closed so that it can rest in pieces.