PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [10.04] Changing Message Notification Icon Contents

embolalia1187
May 1st, 2010, 11:11 PM
I'm not exactly up on the new GUI features for the past year or so, since I was using Ubuntu only on a system that was working, fragilely, with MythTV, so I tried not to screw with it too much. Well, I put 10.04 on my laptop via Wubi, and I must say I'm impressed. A few tweaks here and there, but good on the whole.

I don't like Empathy, for a number of reasons, which I won't go into here. I know that's a change that happened a while ago, and I just didn't notice. Anyway, I installed Pidgin, nice and easy, and it works with the message indicator. Mostly.

Here's what I want to change:
a. "Chat" connect with Pidgin, rather than Empathy with a separate menu option for Pidgin.
b. When I get an IM, I'd like to be able to just click once and be brought to the most recent message, rather than having to click, wander down, and then click again.
c. I don't use Gwibber / broadcast, so I'd like to remove it. Clutter == bad. Also,
d. Is it possible to combine Skype into that menu? To have it put up notifications the same way as the others?

Thanks everyone!