PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lots Of Problems In Final

tomcatjosh
May 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Hey! I have Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2, And i can't Upgrade! On Update Manager, It crashes the entire OS on restart, and renders it unusable. The ISO doesn't work either. I tried this on the Rc & The Final. The boot goes like this on the upgraded: Boot, then a BIG ( like 3x the size it should be) ubuntu logo appears, and disappears, and it halts. The iso does just about the same. Any ideas here, guys??
Thanks!

Josh

P.S- I run a Toshiba Satellite A55 with Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 On here. Ive been running it since alpha 3.

ezsit
May 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
I just installed Xubuntu 10.04 with the alternate CD and everything works perfectly, so therefor there are NO problems with the final release.

All joking aside, just because you are having problems does not mean that the entire release has problems, just your hardware.

tomcatjosh
May 2nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Well that's XUbuntu. This is the default release. And what would they change From Beta 2 To the Final Version???

lunaparadox
May 2nd, 2010, 04:14 AM
Hey when the install iso is booting and you see something that looks like a battery and a person press any key then F6 and choose the second to last option something with set at the end sorry can't remember the name exactly but it is the second to last option then try the install and see if that works for you. thats what I have to do to get it to work.

tomcatjosh
May 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
alrighty :D Thanks Ill Try and see what happens..

tomcatjosh
May 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Alrighty, That didn't work XD. Anybody have a change log from 10.04 B2 to RC?