PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lucid; Cannot drag windows over to other workstations.

invisiblephrend
May 1st, 2010, 09:34 PM
I started using Linux when Karmic came out, so I'm a bit of a decorated newb. Anyway, I upgraded to Lucid and noticed something that I can't do anymore. I have a dual-screen setup with 2 workstations. I can drag windows from one screen to the next, but when I try to drag it over to another workstation, nothing happens anymore. The only way I can get it to work now is if I hold down the cursor on the desired window and hit Ctrl + Alt + L/R. It's a bit of a pain though. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Also, this is a first time post. How do I report this as a bug if it is indeed one? All I can find is a link to join a bug fixing team. :?

mkntrds
May 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM
In CompizConfig Settings Manager go to Desktop Wall

Select Edge Flipping tab

Select Edge Flipping Move

It worked for me...

Edit: I just reread your post. My solution may not work; sorry.

Jacroe
May 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah I'm having the same problem here too. And I have no idea how to file a bug about it or what

redjess
May 28th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Mine just did the same thing, but I just restarted and now it seems fine. possibly too simple but i like it.

quantumottle
July 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Same here, no top to any application, it's just not there anymore. Very very weird. I rebooted and it returned the other day, now it's gone and even rebooting doesn't help. Any advice, someone's gotta' have an idea?