PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Chromium Struggling with more than one tab open

Dobbie03
May 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
I just installed 10.04 (and it is running sweet) but Chromium is struggling with having more than one tab open at a time. It won't load any more than one page and if I open a new tab it just wont lo anything...does anyone know of a soloution?

ElSlunko
May 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
No solution, the problem started for me this morning.

sixthwheel
May 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Having the same problem since this morning.
I don't think it has anything to do with Lucid.
I'm dual booting with Lucid, and Karmic.
It's doing the same in both OS's

sixthwheel
May 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
I uninstalled Chromium, and re installed it, but it's the same.
It started right after I did update, and it also updated the Chromium PPA.

kellemes
May 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Not sure if this is what you want but Chrome (not Chromium) works fine..
Chrome (5.0.342.9 beta) (http://www.google.com/chrome)

WiReIs
May 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
I have been using Chromium since 10.04 upgrade and its been working fine with multiple tabs opened :confused:

Dobbie03
May 3rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Chrome works ok but Chromium is still having a spazz at more than one tab.

ElSlunko
May 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Chrome works ok but Chromium is still having a spazz at more than one tab.

This is especially true on some sites. I'm fairly sure it has to do with the latest update however I haven't investigated too much. I'm just running FF 'till it gets resolved.

Dobbie03
May 3rd, 2010, 09:17 AM
Ditto, even though I am longing for Chromium :)

kellemes
May 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Ditto, even though I am longing for Chromium :)

Don't use Chromium myself so I wonder.. what does Chromium offer that Chrome doesn't?

jnmjr
May 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Don't use Chromium myself so I wonder.. what does Chromium offer that Chrome doesn't?

Atleast one feature that Chrome doesn't offer, autofill for forms, that's important to me because I do lots of business on the internet, with FF you could install Google Bar which has this feature but FF is so painfully slow compared to Chromium or Chrome, it would be nice if Ubuntu Chromium would incorporate this feature rather than just being a copy of Chrome :(

kellemes
May 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Atleast one feature that Chrome doesn't offer, autofill for forms

Don't use it myself but Chrome has autofill..
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142464

jnmjr
May 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Don't use it myself but Chrome has autofill..
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142464

That's not the autofill I'm talking about, you need a place in options where you can input your personal info such as name, address and such so you can autofill blank spaces in web commerce sites or a membership etc. Chromium offers that Chrome doesn't, like I said before 10.04 Chromium is just a copy of Chrome.

da burger
May 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Chrome is just google's build of chromium. They added a couple of features but I'm fairly sure they didn't take any away.

I'm using a daily build of chromium (from a PPA) without that problem (although a few sites won't load properly recently)

jnmjr
May 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Chrome is just google's build of chromium. They added a couple of features but I'm fairly sure they didn't take any away.

I'm using a daily build of chromium (from a PPA) without that problem (although a few sites won't load properly recently)

And that is the problem we've been struggling with, in my case Chromium is just about unusable at this point.
this is the build that I'm trying to get working 5.0.393.0

da burger
May 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
What sites have been causing the problem for you. I've found it only happens with google and wikipedia.

jnmjr
May 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
What sites have been causing the problem for you. I've found it only happens with google and wikipedia.

Both, but I also cannot open more than one tab so it makes it for all intents and purposes unusable for me....

da burger
May 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
That's strange I have four tabs open at the moment and all are working fine.

jnmjr
May 3rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
That's strange I have four tabs open at the moment and all are working fine.

I hear you, from what I've read in the forum this "bug" or whatever it is seems to affect different folk with different strokes ](*,)

Dobbie03
May 5th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I just tried again and Chromium is semi-ok with most pages but it struggles to open the Chrome Extension page and my most visited site, rateyourmusic.com.

da burger
May 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM
This may not solve your problem but I have solved mine by using the universe repo version of chromium rather than the daily builds PPA. It may just be that the bug hasn't reached the universe version yet but still, for now it's a working solution for me.

jnmjr
May 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Just letting you all know, there seems to have been a bug fix, I did a complete uninstall through synaptic, then updated the system for whatever updates were available and reinstalled Chromium from the daily ppa's...5.0.396.0 Ubuntu which is the open source version, so far it's working great. ):P

Quake
May 6th, 2010, 06:43 AM
The daily PPA is a nightly build repository. All you can hope is that the next day, the bug will be fixed.

Dobbie03
May 6th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I considered a install of the daily repository but it slipped my mind. Cheers from reminding me. Problem solved.