PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Ubuntu didn't update for 3 days, is this normal?

jochem
May 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM
I've downloaded the beta 3 of lucid, and got a few updates, I guess it updated to RC too. But I don't know if it updated to the final release. I haven't been able to update since 3 days. No updates available at all.

Is it just that final releases don't update as much, because most of the bugs are fixed?

Or is my update-manager broken?

I've got the sabnzbdplus ppa google chrome installed. Rest is just installed through the software center.

jochem
May 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
Bump

jochem
May 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Bump

phibxr
May 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
I've downloaded the beta 3 of lucid, and got a few updates, I guess it updated to RC too. But I don't know if it updated to the final release. I haven't been able to update since 3 days. No updates available at all.

Is it just that final releases don't update as much, because most of the bugs are fixed?

Or is my update-manager broken?

I've got the sabnzbdplus ppa google chrome installed. Rest is just installed through the software center.

I installed the final release, and I haven't had any updates either, after the first update I did since installing, which had two updated packages. :)

P4man
May 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Canonical devs are still recovering from their launch party

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-4/drunk-man-in-urinal.jpg

jochem
May 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
So it's not just me?

z06steve
May 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Installed on two computers, same thing; two updates initially and then nothing since :(

P4man
May 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Why would anyone expect updates a few days after release? When would these updates have been tested?

jochem
May 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Why would anyone expect updates a few days after release? When would these updates have been tested?

I just think we're used to the betas, getting updates each couple of hours. And getting no updates for like 5 days after the final release kinda confuses me, I just started to think there was something wrong with my configuration.

solitaire
May 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
It's not unusual.

Their are only updates at the weekend if their is a big problem (or a push to fix bugs before a release.) Also it was a Public Holiday in the UK on Monday, so that usually slows down output of any updates.

Relax! You'll start getting updates sometime today or tomorrow. ^__^

vredley
May 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
You could enable lucid-proposed and lucid-backports in Software Sources if you're desperate. ;)