PDA

View Full Version : MTP / iriver clix - Thanks!

saxofoner
May 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
So I've had an iriver clix, first generation, for about 4 years now, and even though I'd done everything I could to use it under linux, following all the various hackish tutorials, using commandline for transfers, etc., it was never convenient or reliable to transfer files to it under linux. Amarok would work with libmtp until some update would break it. But! I thought I'd give it a shot after installing 10.04 (about a month and a half ago); lo and behold, it worked out of the box in rhythmbox, recognized as a media player and everything. It still won't charge on its stock cable, but that's why we have cable hacks ;p (You can make a power only cable with no data pins and it'll charge on any port with power. Stupid DRM...)

Anyway, just wanted to say that my faith in the community is once again reaffirmed.

jayzymill
September 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm just trying the iriver clix (first generation) now on ubuntu 10.4 but it's not recognised by Rhyythmbox, which just has "unknown device" and can't see the music. Any ideas what I could do? Thanks!