PDA

View Full Version : PHP error.

Darkness3477
March 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
HI, I've just gotten down all my php stuff, for a website so someone can sign up, log in and then do whatever.... And if they arenot logged in, it should refer them to the sign up page... But whatever page I open that I have just loaded up, it gives this error

Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/db_connect.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/db_connect.php on line 5

Now, I cannot for the life of me read error messages very well, but I assume that i need to have something called DB.php. Which, if I remember is something to do with pear. So, if I'm correct, where can I download pear from, and if it's in the repositories do I just got sudo apt-get pear?

Darkness3477
March 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
I've installed pear, php4, php5 and it's all in the right file path (/usr/share/) but still I get the same error message. Why is this?

LordHunter317
March 19th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Posting source code is helpful. Likely, you don't have the include path correct.

Darkness3477
March 20th, 2006, 05:31 AM
<?php

//require the PEAR::DB classes.

require_once 'DB.php';

$db_engine = 'mysql';
$db_user = 'myuser';
$db_pass = 'mypassword';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'mydatabase';

$datasource = $db_engine.'://'.
$db_user.':'.
$db_pass.'@'.
$db_host.'/'.
$db_name;

$db_object = DB::connect($datasource, TRUE);

/* assign database object in $db_object,

if the connection fails $db_object will contain

the error message. */

// If $db_object contains an error:

// error and exit.

if(DB::isError($db_object)) {
die($db_object->getMessage());
}

$db_object->setFetchMode(DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC);

// we write this later on, ignore for now.

include('check_login.php');

?>

Thats the thing I try to open up from localhost, and the error message is the one in the first post.

LordHunter317
March 20th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Is the php-db package actually installed? If so, with that search path, it ought to be included.

Darkness3477
March 20th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I installed the php-pear using apt-get install, so I'm assuming it is there. Is there anyway I can test this?

Darkness3477
March 20th, 2006, 06:52 AM
OPh god, I feel rather foolish now. I assumed the db classes were included in PEAR, so I didn't get them... But, in my defence, the tutorial didn't actually state that I need to download the DB Classes.

Thankyou so much for making me actually check, as I was going spare tryingn to figure it out.

proy80
April 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I've installed pear, php4, php5 and it's all in the right file path (/usr/share/) but still I get the same error message. Why is this?

Could you tell me how you installed pear. I looked in my /usr/share, but there is no directory called pear. I am trying to use fruity to configure Nagios. I d have the binary called pear though. And it gives me this error

Warning: main(/usr/local/groundwork/fruity/includes/adodb/adodb.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/fruity/includes/config.inc on line 62

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/groundwork/fruity/includes/adodb/adodb.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/fruity/includes/config.inc on line 62

Warning: main(/usr/local/groundwork/fruity/output/output.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/fruity/includes/config.inc on line 63

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/groundwork/fruity/output/output.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/fruity/includes/config.inc on line 63

Darkness3477
April 8th, 2006, 03:49 AM
From memory I think I just went sudo apt-get install pear, or something similar. Search around on google and you'll find a hole list of useful thing to download for php.