PDA

View Full Version : How do i add the sound icon to the notification area?

Yogli
May 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM
In the gnome-panel. somehow it's gone...

Yogli
May 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
bumpi bump

akand074
May 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Are you using Ubuntu 10.04? its now part of the indicator applet. Right click on your panel and choose "Add to Panel". Scroll down or search for the "Indicator Applet" and add it to the panel, your volume is now there as well as email and pretty much all system tray icons show up there now instead of the notification area. If you don't like that and want the old one back you can add it to the start menu by going to System > Preferences > Startup Applications and adding a new launcher with the command "gnome-volume-control-applet".

mucho_maze
September 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Are you using Ubuntu 10.04? its now part of the indicator applet. Right click on your panel and choose "Add to Panel". Scroll down or search for the "Indicator Applet" and add it to the panel, your volume is now there as well as email and pretty much all system tray icons show up there now instead of the notification area. If you don't like that and want the old one back you can add it to the start menu by going to System > Preferences > Startup Applications and adding a new launcher with the command "gnome-volume-control-applet".

Thank you :) Accidentally I removed the sound icon and couldn't find it again...

simbolo
September 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
That was driving me insane earlier as well. I found this thread that pointed me in the right direction. These forums rock!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1339923