PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird 3.0.4

cscott0108
May 1st, 2010, 10:45 AM
I am having this issue with Thunderbird, I did an upgrade to 10.04 Kubuntu and it, with out me realizing it, it installed 3.0.4 Thunderbird, i am having this issue when I start the version in the repositories it will start check for mail then shut down, crash. I downloaded the version from mozilla's website and can run ./thunderbird and it all works so it's the version in the ubuntu repo's and because of this and they don't officially support 64 bit version of their software they refer me to the distro bug reporting, i have know clue where to report it or how to install the version from mozilla's site permantily or fix the problem with the repositories in the .thunderbird dir there is a folder crash reports all that is in it is the date time i installed it, is there a way to capture the running process' of thunderbird so if i can have any of you look at it out here or i can collect the data so i can report it to ubuntu this major flaw in thunder...also as a side note, if anyone has their hands on thunderbird-2.0 .deb file i can try and install it on this version of kubuntu. any help would be appriciated