PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Problem with new upgrade

Overthere
May 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone,
I want to say that I love Xubuntu, I also finally got rid of XP on my home PC and put Xubuntu, with the new upgrade. Thanks!

However, I now have a problem with USB flash drives. They are recognized, but I cannot copy to them, and after I try, I cannot open any files on them either!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Overthere
May 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
I notice that the properties are "read only," and while this was never a problem before (I was always able to write/copy onto the usb drive anyway), is it this element that is not letting me modify it? If so, how can I change the usb drive properties?

Again thanks,
B

infamous-online
May 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
I notice that the properties are "read only," and while this was never a problem before (I was always able to write/copy onto the usb drive anyway), is it this element that is not letting me modify it? If so, how can I change the usb drive properties?

Again thanks,
B

If the usb flash drives are NTFS then you'll get that error if it's FAT32 and you're getting that error, then I don't know what to tell you. So check to see what the properties for the drive is and post your results.

Overthere
May 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Before you answered I opend gparted and did a partition table, thinking of reformatting.
The partition table is msdos, but now I don't even see the drive when plugged in!
Thanks in advance,
Brian