PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] help, broken system after crash during 9.10 to 10.04

Tech2077
May 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
As the title says, i was in the middle of the upgrade, when the system froze then a black screen with the text similar to: starting apache ..... starting ..... ... in that way, but with more text, i could not remember the exact details. When i boot up, it say /dev not found, and other errors, and a weird black screen that seems to be loading modules appears, but never finishes and starts to act strange. Any way i can get this fixed without just copying my data and reimaging my partition.

Tech2077
May 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry for double post, but it has changed, it has now boots with either a kubuntu window and then crashes with a panic a believe, or boots up with Ubuntu 10.04 and 4 dots moving under it, then boots up to tty1, but when changed to tty7, it doesn't work. Any way to possibly get the windowing system to work so i can run everything to fix the packages.

vojtec
May 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Hello, I have a similar problem. My system was switched off due to the power failure in the middle of the upgrade to Lucid and now I'm not able to boot to the system... Is there any easy way how to recover system with preserving user settings etc.? E.g. by using LiveCD?