PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Download size when upgrading to lucid?

mahela007
May 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
Can anyone tell me roughly how many MBs need to be downloaded when I upgrade to 10.04 from an up-to-date 9.10?

mahela007
May 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM
Even a rough guess? Is it just as big as a normal download?

mcourneyea
May 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I'd like to second that - does anyone know or know where to look?

When you pay for every MB and you'd rather wait till bandwidth is about to expire before renewing and you're not sure you've got enough....you'd think it would up front and easy to find....but its not.

Thanks

CeliaW
May 10th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I'd like to second that - does anyone know or know where to look?

When you pay for every MB and you'd rather wait till bandwidth is about to expire before renewing and you're not sure you've got enough....you'd think it would up front and easy to find....but its not.

Thanks

I would love to know the answer as well as I have just changed to a limited size package and been told that I have used over three quarters of it and need to know how much is down to the upgrade. Please can someone tell us?

Many thanks

flayme
May 10th, 2010, 08:01 AM
hi,
If the upgrade is a similar size to the fresh install, it is just a little less than 700mb. It fits onto a cd which has a 700mb capacity.

CeliaW
May 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
hi,
If the upgrade is a similar size to the fresh install, it is just a little less than 700mb. It fits onto a cd which has a 700mb capacity.
Thank you flayme - am assuming an upgrade will be less than a fresh install which is what I seem unable to find but thank you for replying :-)

mahela007
May 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
yes.. thanks.

Grenage
May 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I seem to recall my upgrade downloading 1.1GB.