PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 file operations help.

sinisterbd
April 30th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Hi i just installed 10.04 last night. While upgrading i got one error message, and ignored it. it said that something or other was not found. I clicked cancel and the rest of the install went along fine and i am running fine except for this one problem. When i transfer files to a flash drive or other drive, the file operations tab comes up but it is blank. I have attached a screenshot. I do not know if this is normal. It looks the same in human theme. IF this is not normal (i assume not) is there a file i need to download? i can fresh install if i need too but i would hate to have to spend three hours re-configuring my computer and then wait another 3 to put all my files back on from my external hard drive. Any help would be much appreciated. so far every other window has performed as expected.
file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///tmp/moz-screenshot-1.png

sinisterbd
May 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
edit: i upgraded from ubuntu 9.10 i have had that for about six months prior without the above problem. i did not fresh install 10.04.

MaggieL
May 8th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm seeing this problem too...

fwin
June 12th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I have the same problem in 9.10, but only when copying and pasting big files (1gb or bigger)