PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] notebook remix 10.04 updated minimizes all windows

andreasdelpaso
April 30th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Hello,i updated tis morning to 10.04 on a compaq netbook and only problem is that the system minimizes all windows....
Can't kee a window on top for more than 2 secs.
It seems that all is ok,any program i klick runs but it immediatly minimizes and won't stay open.
I cant do anything,i have to type one character at a time....
Please any suggestions?

bwobbones
May 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I've got the same issue. Managed to work around it by uninstalling netbook-launcher, but thats not the point really. UNR is unusable like this - no one else is having the same issue?

pirexeee
May 3rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem.. But I found a temporary way to solve it. When I order the pc to shutdown and then click in cancel when it tell me that a routine is still running, that strange thing just stop.

I'm wondering that it will happen again when restart the pc... I'm going to try it..just a second :p

pirexeee
May 3rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem.. But I found a temporary way to solve it. When I order the pc to shutdown and then click in cancel when it tell me that a routine is still running, that strange thing just stop.

I'm wondering that it will happen again when restart the pc... I'm going to try it..just a second :p

Same problem and same "solution". I need to do that trick of put the pc to restart and shutdown and then a message appears and I say cancel, then I just works fine :) :s

Could anybody help with a better solution, ie, a real solution?

green.jon
May 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Sorry to see you guys are having issues. I was lucky and my netbook upgraded fine and everything is working so far (fingers crossed!). I had seen a thread like this earlier, but couldn't find it so here's one similar instead:

http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9226526&postcount=5

The thread that I was unable to find had also said the issue was the nvidia drivers. Let me know if this helps at all and good luck!