PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install Routine becomes non-responsive

jasonditz
April 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM
So I've been trying to install 10.04 (AMD64) since last night on my HP P6130f. I installed a second hard drive specifically for it (a Caviar Green 1 TB) so I wouldn't have to trash my existing 9.10 until I was sure I liked the new version.

For some reason though, the install routine gets to 5%, which is where it is formatting the new hard drive as ext4, and is displaying Fspot info on screen, and it just never gets any farther. It'll sit there for hours if I let it, the hard drive light isn't on, but the mouse cursor still moves so its not completely frozen.

When I give up and turn the computer off and reboot into 9.10, the install routine has successfully partitioned the new hard drive as ext4, but hasn't gone any further (no data on it).

I'm 99.9% sure there's nothing wrong with the install CD I burned, using it as a LiveCD it boots up just fine and everything seems to work. Is there anything else I can try or should I just plan on sticking with 9.10 and hope that 10.10 plays nicer with my system?