PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Secondary harddisk needs no password in order to mount + Firefox can't start

Dr.Fuzzy
April 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi all,

well yesterday I upgraded my karmic to lynx. So far so good, overall much improved plus I love the new theme. Now the problem, I share my Firefox/Thunderbird profile (stored in my secondary HD) with WinXP (dual boot box). Since karmic, before I opened Firefox/Thunderbird, I had to mount the 2ndary HD which of course prompted me for a password and then everything worked fine. In case I forgot to mount the disk then Firefox popped the following msg: Firefox is either opened or in use...blah.

Now, lucid strangely mounts my HD without a password, more peculiarly I have r-w-e permissions and on top of that Firefox/Thunderbird gives me the silly msg!

Tried to unmount/mount back but still no password. I end up believing that this Firefox hesitation to start (based on karmic experience) is related with the password thing...or not?

Any ideas?

:(

Dr.Fuzzy
May 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
None!!!?

ubu499
May 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
i have the same problem with my partition in ntfs accessible from vista and ubuntu.
The system don't ask me the password...

I'm interested too......

ubu499
May 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
for the password i solved..
Please see this thread.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1469768