PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] USB flash drives won't mount.

Gene_J
April 30th, 2010, 08:51 PM
After a bit of a rough install, I got 10.04 up and running on an Intel D845GRG motherboard. All seems to be working fine except for USB flash drives. My USB mouse and keyboard work fine, but the two sticks I have (Kingston and PQI) will not mount.

Any suggestions?

frenchy82
May 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
hi,
Is it working if you plug the key before booting?

Gene_J
May 1st, 2010, 03:32 PM
hi,
Is it working if you plug the key before booting?

I tried plugging in the stick prior to boot-up also, and it is still not being recognised. The little power LED light on the stick does come on when it is plugged in, but that's it.

The Thunder Chimp
May 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Try finding in Synaptic something called "usbmount" (or something like that, I'm on my Windows partition right now). If it ain't installed, it's probably the problem. Install it, and tell us how it went.

Gene_J
May 2nd, 2010, 03:34 AM
Try finding in Synaptic something called "usbmount" (or something like that, I'm on my Windows partition right now). If it ain't installed, it's probably the problem. Install it, and tell us how it went.

Usbmount it was. Mission accomplished, thanks for the solution. Every distro I have used on D845 motherboards have given me a problem of one kind or another. I never could solve the audio problems with Mint7, I'm glad that Ubuntu 10.04 works as well as it does.