PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help - Upgrade to 10.04

Schema456
April 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Ok this is actually my very first post, im really loving ubuntu... XD. To the topic.
Basically i decided to upgrade my system to 10.04 the new distribution was downloaded and when my system was replacing and installing the packages somebody turned off my laptop. This must have obviously corrupted some files, because after this when i turned on my computer i was getting a message that said something like this:
Mount: mount /dev failed and something more..
(and i was booting to the terminal)
after this two things happened... either the system started performing something that seemed like a check up... or it said login at that point i could write my login press enter then it asked for a password and insert password its like the system was working, but running from the terminal without the visual stuff. Im a newbie so after a few hours of making things up and coming up with ideas i decided to write the command 'sudo apt-get upgrade' (not brilliant but im a newbie) Something i love about ubntu is that it kind of tell you what to do.. the system asked me to write the command 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' i think the system continued upgrding and then it said something about an error with wine and compiz... i restarted.

After this i got my regular login screen but when i login i get a black screen... At this point i need help i do not know what to do... please... thanks in advance XD.