PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to add Facebook in Gwibber on Lucid Lynx

dnvikram
April 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM
First of all,let me congratulate the Ubuntu Team,Canonical and all those who toiled hard on Lucid.Its a damn good release and in my opinion, one of the best till date.If I have to rate Lucid on its OOB Factor (Out Of Box),I would rate it 9.7/10.I have an AMD based laptop with ATI graphics chipset and this used to be a major headache(ATI's fault ofcourse) previously and I was gearing up for another hour or so of installing the video drivers from ATI and getting it to work.But,suprisingly it just worked out of the box with visual effects enabled.Every component on my machine worked as it ought to be.I cant say enough about the interface overhaul.Its like a F16 got upgraded with some slick Alien technology.

Ubuntu 10.04 is surely a GOLD standard for all Linux Distros out there

Coming to this minor issue,I am unable to add the facebook account in Me Menu via gwibber.It takes the login credentials and prompts me to allow or deny publishing to facebook.Clicking on allow doesnt do anything,it just sits there.Is there a workaround or a fix for this?This is a minor issue,but would be nice to have it fixed.

sakundiak
April 30th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I also had this issue, i tried several times to get it to work and then finally i decided to click on allow and i left the room for a few minutes and came back to see that it had worked. I have no idea why, but it took a few minutes to go through. Good luck

panchtatvam
August 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
but it didn't worked for me. i even restarted the system but to no use. still facebook account doesn't adds up in Gwibber. actually there is no "Add" button as with other accounts like Twiter. Also, i'm using the netbook version of lucid lynx, if that matters too. is this a bug, of being unable to add facebook account in Gwibber, or just that its this distro specific problem. Because, facebook worked fine in the previous distros.
:D

rj_steinert
October 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM
See the bug report on launchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/595265?comments=all

Apparently this has been a problem for a few months now. What seems to be a simple user interface bug has really disabled the gwibber project :-P.

mashedbear
October 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have the same problem - with Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Agree doesn't look good for gwibber.

inkFTW
October 27th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I had this issue on 10.10 and was able to get the Add button to show by not selecting the "keep me signed in" option.

ufugu
October 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I got it to add, but then of course it never updated after the first time. A search through the forums reveals the possibility that Gwibber is a great idea, but not ready for prime time.

Hope it gets there!