PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04: Packages are not trusted when I install applications! Help!

nihonbun
April 30th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I just fresh installed Lucid 10.04 on my Linux partition, and I'm running into a problem continuously.

When I use Ubuntu Software Center and try to install ANYTHING, it says:

Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of packages not from authenticated sources.

(this was for adobe-flashplugin)

In Synaptic, I get the same type of problem, where no sources are authenticated, and nothing will install. Is it sources I need to add, or is there something that I need to do in the terminal? Please help, I want to get Lucid up and running!

nihonbun
April 30th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Bump:

I added medibuntu repositories, and now I haven't run into the problems again yet.
If anyone has more ideas, please put them up here.

j.biddy
June 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I have the same problem when I try to install Wine.

"The action would require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources."

tamagoji
June 8th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hallo,
I have the same problem on any application:
gpaint, Gimp etc etc.

on synaptic the problem does not appear.
bye

dmtparker
June 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
added medibuntu repositories,
How did you do that?
I get the same problem with EVERYTHING I try. Synaptic seems to be the only way to get what I need

siabost
June 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
You can install from System/Administration/Synaptic Package Manager.
Or using "sudo apt-get install" <program name> in Applications/Accessories/Terminal
Or System/Administration/Software Sources third tab "Updates" & tick "Proposed Updates" & "Unsupported Updates". Then "Reload" when asked to.

The last option should enable you to load "Unauthenticated" packages from the Software Centre.

To get the Medibuntu stuff see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu & follow the instructions for "Adding The Repository". It's a copy/paste job in Applications/Accessories/Terminal Remember to perform the second operation for The Software Centre also.

Best :p

rajinkajun86
August 26th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Try right-clicking the application, select properties, select the permissions tab, and then check the box stating "Allow executing file as program" That worked for me.

locodog
October 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I've god this problem for first time tonight when trying to install SoundConverter, and any other program I've tried to install gives me the same message...
Only way to install program is trough Synaptic...
Why does this happening?

producer
October 30th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I have the same problem and I haven't been able to get updates at all for 10.10. Someone said to go into System--->Administration---> Sources and select Updates and so on. but there is no "Software Sources" item on the Administration menu. The repositories should be selected in Synaptic, but the update manager doesn't seem to get any updates.

bigredmer
November 11th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Having the same problem with 10.10 - Suddenly can not install anything through software center

sikander3786
November 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Having the same problem with 10.10 - Suddenly can not install anything through software center
You might not be having the exact same problem as others. It is always handy to start a new thread regaring your problem.

From terminal, please post the output of this command in order to help us better understand your current situation.

sudo apt-get update

rocketsami
November 27th, 2010, 02:30 AM
this may be will help but i am also new for Linux( specifically Ubuntu ) anyways to do this (as i solved mine this way)
in the Ubuntu Software Center Go to Edit then Software Sources click in the Other software tab then select all that applies for you specially the partner one and at the end go to Authentication tab then click on Restore Defaults.

hope this helps (tell me if that worked for you)