PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error with hylafax during upgrade, now interfering with application installation

titania177
April 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I just upgraded through the Upgrade Manager to Lucid, and at the end of the installation of the upgrade I got an error message about "hylafax" and after I agree to report this bug, the upgrade installation didn't finish, there was no "cleaning up" and no restart. When i restarted, everything seemed to be working fine, but now whenever I try and install a new application through Synaptic, I get an error related to hylafax. The new app installs, though, and seems to be working. The latest error was:

"E: hylafax-client: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: hylafax-server: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
"

Do I need to do something about this? What is hylafax?

I am using a Dell M1330. Not sure what other info you might need.

Thanks!

nolo
May 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hylafax is a fax program allowing incoming and outgoing faxes via a faxmodem. If you don't use it, you can remove it either with synaptic or apt-get. You will need to uninstall the client and the server. If you wish to use Hylafax and have the proper drivers for your faxmodem, I suggest reinstalling with apt-get install.

Hope this reply hasn't come too late to do you any good.

Nolo