PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 broke my 9.10

mikeashelby
April 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hi,

I installed 10.04, and it's been fine (some funny things, like it wanting to install the nvidia drives 3 times!), but now my 9.10 install won't boot.

I definitely didn't write over it, as 9.10 is there, and it will start to boot, but says there's some graphical issue, and the long and the short of it is that I end up at a command line.

Also, I can't see any other partitions in 10.04, so I can't even grab my stuff.

I was planning on doing a full reformat (50GB Windows, 200GB 10.04) after confirming that 10.04 works.. but it doesn't seem to quite yet!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

mike

mikeashelby
April 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I've just noticed that while I don't have access to my other partitions: I also don't have any references to my flash drive that's plugged in, and any of the memory cards that I've got there too...

This is all very odd..

mikeashelby
April 30th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Latest update is that I've used the mount manager to mount my other partitions... but nothing auto mounts. Plugging in flash drives, or memory cards yeilds zero response - so have to use mount manager and do it all my self. Pain in the buttocks!

Anyway, at least it means I can get all my data off my various drives, and then do a full reinstall.

My bad for early adoption!