PDA

View Full Version : What's Awesome?...The Geocities-izer

Excedio
April 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
This is flippin awesome. http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer

Enter the URL of any website and it will make that site look like a 13 year old made it in 1996. :-D

Check out what it did to my Ubuntu Blog! The devil Bill Gates is the most hilarious part! :lolflag:

MaxIBoy
April 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Wow, that's amazing! It's downright uncanny.

Phrea
April 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM
http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/content.php?theme=1&music=5&url=ubuntu.com

nmccrina
April 30th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I tried to go there and OpenDNS is complaining that it's a phishing site. Can anyone confirm/disprove?

Excedio
April 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I tried to go there and OpenDNS is complaining that it's a phishing site. Can anyone confirm/disprove?

Really?! Dang. I removed the link from my original post until someone knows.

Phrea
April 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM

I googled the site itself, and google does not give out a warning about the site.
Of course, that doesn't disprove the fact tho.

MaxIBoy
April 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM
It worked for me, but it is a proxy which automatically fetches websites and modifies them. A similar technique is used to download, say, a bank website, insert password-stealing code into it, and then pass it on as a phishing site. So the OpenDNS filter could be fooled by that.

Of course, don't type any passwords into these Geocities-ized websites. That's just common sense.

nmccrina
April 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM
It worked for me, but it is a proxy which automatically fetches websites and modifies them. A similar technique is used to download, say, a bank website, insert password-stealing code into it, and then pass it on as a phishing site. So the OpenDNS filter could be fooled by that.

Of course, don't type any passwords into these Geocities-ized websites. That's just common sense.

I'll put it down to that :)

So, can you tell me the IP address so I can get around the DNS thing?

I don't know why I'm this excited about viewing websites Geocities-style

Phrea
April 30th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Excedio
April 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'll put it down to that :)

So, can you tell me the IP address so I can get around the DNS thing?

I don't know why I'm this excited about viewing websites Geocities-style

Memories. :-D