PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] crtc configuration error when trying to select external monitor for laptop

PublikDefender
April 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM
i'm on ubuntu 9.10 and a dell studio 15 1440x900 laptop. I am trying to set up my samsung 27" 1920x1080 p2770h monitor. the monitor should work fine b/c i already tested it w/ my ps3.

I select display settings from sys admin deselect mirror and the samsung monitor shows up fine and allows me to select its 1920x1080p resolution. i try to turn off the laptop display hit apply and get the crtc configuration error message. when i don't try to turn off the laptop display, i get a dual monitor setup but the samsung screen is blurry. it did change to the correct 1080p resolution from 1440x900 but it is just really blurry. anyway, my priority is to choose the external monitor only. please help. my graphics card is ati 3450 hd laptop card and i have flgr installed. thanks in advance.

PublikDefender
April 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM
"selected configuration for displays could not be applied"
the error is "could not set configuration for crtc 135"

PublikDefender
May 1st, 2010, 05:37 AM
is there some kind of configuration file i have to edit? i didn't really understand the bug writeup, and i noticed that other users in these forums have been having trouble as well.

PublikDefender
May 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM
bump.

update: i noticed a few more things in the last couple of weeks. video played through smplayer and vlc actually look good, while it is the computer interfaces of the apps and web pages are messed up in the display. the problem with playing video like this is that my laptop's cpu & gpu go crazy (and the laptop gets boiling hot) trying to ouput data to both screens. I still want to choos my external samsung monitor only, and not have the dual monitor setup.

X5-655
September 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
I took have this problem but good luck getting anyone to respond here..

I have a thread with 9 bumps and not a single reply..

izbm
September 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
I have a similar problem with my desktop. The dual monitors do not work
Bump for help

GrandTheft
September 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
still bumping