PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 can‘t recognize windows partition

myggao
April 30th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hi,
This is my first time to post a thread.I'm not native English-speaker,so my English is poor.And I wish you can understand what I mean.
I have used wubi for months.Today I decide to install Ubuntu 10.04 on my harddisk.I create a liveUSB to install 10.04.But the problem during installing is when partition detecting,the windows partition can't be detected.It shows 'Ubuntu' on /dev/sda1,but in fact it is the windows partition.I ignore it and go on.After all done,10.04 can work well,but windows can't be booted.
Then I try to use 9.04 CD to install,and it shows 'Widows NT/2000/XP' on /dev/sda1 correctly.At last,both 9.04 and windows xp can be booted.
Is it the problem involving the difference between CD and liveUSB,or 10.04 and 9.04?
Can you tell me why and give me a hand?
Thanks very much.

limey_rick
April 30th, 2010, 02:54 AM
There was a bug that meant that Windows partitions would not be seen which almost delayed the final release of 10.04. I am not sure what version you have, but you might want to boot update your 10.04 version, run all updates

System->Administration->Update Manager

Check and then install updates.

Then run

> sudo update-grub

This should tell you that it has found the windows partition so when you reboot it will be there.

myggao
April 30th, 2010, 03:00 AM
There was a bug that meant that Windows partitions would not be seen which almost delayed the final release of 10.04. I am not sure what version you have, but you might want to boot update your 10.04 version, run all updates

System->Administration->Update Manager

Check and then install updates.

Then run

> sudo update-grub

This should tell you that it has found the windows partition so when you reboot it will be there.

Thank you and I will have a try soon.