PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Garbled display in live cd

ukyo_rulz
April 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I downloaded the iso today and burned it onto a CD, but the display keep going haywire on me and I don't know what's wrong. Basically I see a purple screen where I may or may not press a key to choose a language and start the live environment. Whether I press a key or not, I get an "ubuntu" screen with five dots lighting up to signal processing. Then suddenly everything goes crazy and the display turns into a sort of garbled, striped mess. If I chose to press a key above and try to boot into a live environment I can even hear the ubuntu startup sound, but the display is still whacked and the controls are unresponsive as far as I can tell.

Laptop Specifications:
Asus K40IN
Duo T6600
4G Memory
Nvidia GeForce G102M, 512 MB VRam (could this be the root of my problems?)

neuroscientist
April 30th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I am experiencing the same thing. Hopefully someone will come along with an answer.

cuberts
April 30th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I downloaded the iso today and burned it onto a CD, but the display keep going haywire on me and I don't know what's wrong. Basically I see a purple screen where I may or may not press a key to choose a language and start the live environment. Whether I press a key or not, I get an "ubuntu" screen with five dots lighting up to signal processing. Then suddenly everything goes crazy and the display turns into a sort of garbled, striped mess. If I chose to press a key above and try to boot into a live environment I can even hear the ubuntu startup sound, but the display is still whacked and the controls are unresponsive as far as I can tell.

Laptop Specifications:
Asus K40IN
Duo T6600
4G Memory
Nvidia GeForce G102M, 512 MB VRam (could this be the root of my problems?)are you sure that you mounted the iso image correctly?

ukyo_rulz
April 30th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Done the same thing many times before.

ukyo_rulz
April 30th, 2010, 04:44 AM
I think this is my problem:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/567579