PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Upgrading didn't cancel - bug

mikerobinson
April 30th, 2010, 12:10 AM
I was prompted to upgrade my kubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 and I started the upgrade and canceled it during the download process. It then confirmed whether or not I wanted to cancel it and I said "Yes" and the upgrade window disappeared. Now I see that the download directory is locked, my network usage looks like it's still trying to download something and I see a process owned by root called "lucid". I'm hoping my system doesn't get screwed up here, so how would I go about canceling the upgrade?

phillw
April 30th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hi,

if your network is still active ... leave it be, they may not have ironed the bugs out of "I want to upgrade... no I don't", those scenarios have not been fully tested.

if you check the size of the down-load directory you will be able to see if it is still growing, if it is I'd suggest you leave well alone.

Regards,

Phill.

mikerobinson
April 30th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. I was just about to check it when I got prompted whether I wanted to keep or replace a config file, so it must be working. Also the cache directory is not getting any bigger, so the packages must be done downloading. I'm sure I can't touch it now unless I want to really bork things.

phillw
April 30th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. I was just about to check it when I got prompted whether I wanted to keep or replace a config file, so it must be working. Also the cache directory is not getting any bigger, so the packages must be done downloading. I'm sure I can't touch it now unless I want to really bork things.

I'd leave it well alone & just do as it tells you, I've found that to be the least painful route :)

(Yes, as it tells you - Updating is a serious thing for linux & it will get royally mad at any human who interferes):lolflag:

Regards,

Phill.