PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display Issues with Dell ST2210 Monitor

bugworth
April 29th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Hello! I am a new user of ubuntu, running 9.10 on my desktop. Everything has been working beautifully (go ubuntu!!), until this afternoon when I set up a 22" Dell ST2210 monitor... Essentially, images do not display when I pull up large images (eg the desktop image does not display, large windows such as firefox pages), but they DO show up once they are minimized to a certain size. I have tried the monitor's auto adjust function & restarting the system--no luck! I certainly can't run the .exe file from the accompanying CD-ROM... I can't image that I'd need a driver, since the monitor does function, just not appropriately!

Any ideas??

gordintoronto
April 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM
The native resolution for that monitor is 1920 by 1080. Do you know what resolution it is working at? Do you know if your video card can do 1920 by 1080? (What video card?)

I don't understand what you mean by "images do not display when I pull up large images." Example, please.

willdesired
April 30th, 2010, 02:30 AM
maybe the mean of "images do not display when I pull up large images" is that, when he Set the desktop background image and then select the stretch option, but the image can not show,it's just my understanding.:KS

Bowenbilt
June 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM
maybe the mean of "images do not display when I pull up large images" is that, when he Set the desktop background image and then select the stretch option, but the image can not show,it's just my understanding.:KS
I agree with you.:)