PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation stalling at keyboard layout (Lucid)?

Macfunky
April 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I have tried to install Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on my Aspire One netbook. I tried both the full version and the netbook remix and both installations stall at the keyboard layout stage. I select the layout and click forward but it stalls and doesn't go any further. Anyone else have this problem on any of their machines or do you think it could just be specific to the Aspire One? I just find it odd that it happened on both versions. They work fine in live mode so I don't know what could be causing this. Any ideas?

esemax
May 1st, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hello, I have LG R410 and i was using 9.10 64bit, and rite now I trying to install fresh 10.04 64bit and stucks at same level. I am geting

I have been searching a solution or advice in forum but no answer yet.

esemax
May 2nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
i have found a solution at Ubuntu 10.4 RC "parted_server" error on install

be sure that you don't have any SD card or flash disk plugged

Macfunky
May 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
i have found a solution at Ubuntu 10.4 RC "parted_server" error on install

be sure that you don't have any SD card or flash disk plugged

No SD card plugged in. I do have a flash drive plugged in but i am trying to install from this. Anyone know of any solutions yet?

Szat
February 7th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm having the same issue with Ubuntu 10.10 desktop, 10.10 netbook, 10.10 Super OS, and Ubuntu desktop 10.04.1. I do not have a SD card or another USB plugged in to my netbook.

All versions I have tried match the md5 check sum after download and the USB drive I am using has no defects. The error I am receiving is "Sorry, the program 'parted_server' closed unexpectedly. The installer freezes after the keyboard option (10.04) and the Preparing to Install Ubuntu option (10.10).

Also, my HDD is 100% unallocated.

jcoonan
March 6th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I have the same problem. I have tried every 10.x release, alternate and all. I just cant get Ubuntu installed from this usb. I ordered a DVD drive and I'll do it that way but seriously Ubuntu guys I have read SO MANY peoples posts about this problem. Disappointed:|

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 3.0GHz
Ram: 1333MHz 4GB
HDD: 500GB Sata (Brand New)

I can get through the install if I remove the USB drive I'm using, a free one I got with my processor Patriot Memory 4GB AMD USB Drive. But it's never a good install, obviously.

Hedgehog1
March 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I have the same problem. I have tried every 10.x release, alternate and all. I just cant get Ubuntu installed from this usb. I ordered a DVD drive and I'll do it that way but seriously Ubuntu guys I have read SO MANY peoples posts about this problem. Disappointed:|

I can get through the install if I remove the USB drive I'm using, a free one I got with my processor Patriot Memory 4GB AMD USB Drive. But it's never a good install, obviously.

jcoonan,

Adding your issue to a 3 week old post mean few if any will see it down here.

Please start a new thread with your issue (cut and paste it).

Also, to speed things up, tell us if you are doing a dual boot or complete install (In the NEW thread).

The Hedge

:KS

mörgæs
March 6th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Hi, welcome to the fora.

Which screen card do you have?

There is no problem with posting in an older thread. It will be just as visible as creating a new one - actually more, since it is also visible to the older posters.

jcoonan
March 6th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm trying a fresh new install, using the whole drive to make it as simple as possible. I have a Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA drive. I really think it's the USB stick because removing it gets me through the install steps, though it's never a good install always buggy. I've gotten times when I had not gui and I had to ALT+F2 over to another screen, a boot: prompt actually.