PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I want my old theme back :-(

Egres
April 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM
How I can to get my old (karmic) theme back in 10.04? I hate magenta and white instead brown and black. I don't want close button at left. Desktop icons now. Maybe this theme give more fun for others, but why was need to remove old theme completely?

lav0s
April 29th, 2010, 10:50 PM
System > preferences > Appearance > Theme

the old themes are also there or check

http://art.gnome.org/themes/metacity

Egres
April 30th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Old ubuntu themes is missing. Human theme is almost the same, but not exactly. Icons is missed, login screen and bootlogo is missed. :-(

Jurjen de Vries
April 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks lav0s, that helps!

I really think ubuntu make a big mistake here in user experience. When upgraded I was not asked if I like to change my theme. After upgrade it was dark, and minimize/close buttons where moved to the left. It feels nerdy and gothic (sorry guys). Not something for a particular user.

infamous-online
April 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah the one thing I would like to get rid of is the close icon being on the left, how do I change it back so it goes to the right?

mcoleman44
April 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM
gconf-editor
apps>metacity>general>button layout

menu:minimize,maximize,close

infamous-online
April 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks lav0s, that helps!

I really think ubuntu make a big mistake here in user experience. When upgraded I was not asked if I like to change my theme. After upgrade it was dark, and minimize/close buttons where moved to the left. It feels nerdy and gothic (sorry guys). Not something for a particular user.

It reminds of Vista going with the black theme and while it looked good it was a lil too dark for my taste.

infamous-online
April 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
gconf-editor
apps>metacity>general>button layout

menu:minimize,maximize,close

Thanks man, I appreciate the help greatly!

mcoleman44
April 30th, 2010, 06:27 PM
No problem :)
Remember that you will have to do that again though if you change themes.