PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Will Wubi support Lubuntu Beta? (Lucid)

MisterLambda
April 29th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Apparently it can't via the list (I hope it will later though) - but will having the ISO in the wubi folder suffice, it being all working?

I can't read CDs, unfortunately.

Toadinator
April 29th, 2010, 10:48 PM
It will in time, I'm sure. You could always just re-name the Lubuntu ISO to what the Ubuntu ISO is and put it in the same folder as Wubi. That might work.

phillw
April 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
+1

According to the information on Wubi, a valid iso in the wubi folder will work. Do post back how you get on.

Thanks

Phill.

mattmill30
May 6th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hi

I've just tried downloading lubuntu-10.04.iso and renaming it ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso but wubi wouldn't recognise it as a pre-downloaded ubuntu iso.

I also tried using --32bit and --skipmd5check and this didn't make a difference either.

Any ideas if this is possible?

An alternative means of getting lubuntu is mentioned here:

http://www.mob3.co.uk/forum/linux-talk/try-lubuntu/

It involves installing (x)(k)ubuntu and then installing the LXDE package through apt.

But if its possible to install lubuntu via the iso it would be a much easier and cleaner solution.

Anyone know if the lubuntu iso can be used by wubi?

Thanks,

Matthew Millar

phillw
May 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Hi,

I had a quick chat with ago (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=9190) about lubuntu and wubi

Wubi only recognizes the ISOs listed in data/isolist.ini
To add a new distro you need to edit data/isolist.ini and recompile wubi

I did ask about the changing names of the iso, but have not received reply to that.

Regards,

Phill.

oliveryty
September 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I think Lubuntu is better than any other distribution versions of Ubuntu...

Ubuntu proper is going to a wrong way of pursuing gorgeous appearances, and I got fed up with its yellow-brown themes.

I seldom use a 3d- function...

I think it'd better if Ubuntu adopt blue themes, or it can adopt Fedora's themes.

I think I like the single-pad theme of Lubuntu better..

kroq-gar78
September 30th, 2010, 03:39 AM
you can change the color of the windows by going to system -> prefs -> appearance. The difference is LXDE vs. GNOME