PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bug? problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_NetstatusApplet" - freezes windows in Lucid

texla
April 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM
OK, I have a big problem. I thought it was fixed but it's not...

After a fresh install of Lucid I found this error on my screen "the panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_NetstatusApplet" do you want to delete it?" I kept pressing no and having a completely worthless system. The programs were all opening in the left corner with no controls to move or close them. I searched for this problem on forums all day but finally saw someone talk about deleting the applet - so I rebooted and pressed yes to delete it and voila - no more problems - much better now!
WHOOPS - see new reply - it's back....

texla
April 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Problem is back - dang it! After rebooting, the windows are all stuck again with no controls visible and they can't be dragged either - There's a new network applet on my panel - but I think this problem is something else now. Maybe the settings for the new left corner buttons is conflicting with my Karmic Home settings? Any ideas out there?

This same error occurred when I tried a Beta Test of Ubuntu Studio 10.4 - I thought it was an early bug that would be fixed but it just occurred again with the Lucid Lynx 10.4 RC so I think it's a bug or a problem with my particular setup. I have a separate home so my settings are always saved when I install a new release.

UPDATE - went with a Fresh Install including a new Home partition. Maybe the real time/studio settings on my old Home were not working well with the lucid kernel? All works well now, just don't have my Ardour recording setup on Lucid....