PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not bothering to upgrade to 10.04 LTS?

Linux_junkie
April 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a 9.10 user and have no intention of upgrading to 10.04 LTS for the simple reason I only installed 9.10 in November 09 and I'm quite happy with how its running on my machine.

I do intend on upgrading in October because for one thing Gnome 3.0 should be available.

P4man
April 29th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Keeping 9.10 on my laptop until the suspend/resume issue is fixed for my machine on lucid. Happily running 10.04 on my desktop. Still RC, Ill update it eventually.. not in a rush, works fine :)

samalex
April 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I've heard from others with the same model laptop as mine that suspend also doesn't work due to ACPI problems, but I think System76 is working on a patch included in their drivers that fixes it - hopefully. I'm waiting for the drivers to be available for 10.04 for my laptop then I'll probably do a clean install.

9.04 still works great, but I'd really like to take advantage of the new features in 10.04.

Sam

MdMax
April 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hello !

I'll keep my 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope for a few weeks. I made tests with Karmic and a Lucid beta on another hard drive. They're awesome. I'll soon upgrade to the LTS Lucid but not today. I guess the servers will be very slow for a few days.

Jaunty works fine, so I don't need to hurry. :)

And this time I'll not only upgrade, but also change my filesystem to ext4 because I'm still using ext3.

Happy upgrading or not upgrading to all ! :P

EarthMind
April 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I would stick with 9.10 if I had the chance, but unfortunately the kernel of that release broke my WLAN driver and manually compiling the latest driver wasn't an option either as WPA didn't work for me.

So now I'm going to try out 10.04, after I've set the layout and window buttons back to how they were in 9.10

MichealH
April 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I am in the process of waiting for this CD to burn.

AlanR8
April 29th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Been with 10.04 since Alpha 2 and everything works! Run it on this Compaq Mini, my Sony Vaio laptop as in my signature line, an older HP Pavilion laptop media machine and a home built desktop. A fair range of hardware I think you'd agree!

The only major tweak I have to do is install the web cam driver for the Sony. But that was the same in Karmic. Take about a minute to sort these days.

Random_Dude
April 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'll just wait for 10.10.
I upgraded from 8.04 to 9.10 this year so I'm not going to reinstall everything all over again so soon. By the time I have the patience to do it again, 10.10 should be already released.

Cheers :cool: