PDA

View Full Version : Where is the PS3 version of 10.04

PyroJing
April 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I found one on the daily build site that was dated yesterday so I'm not sure if it is the actual full release, but it's not on the main site. I'm pretty sure there needs to be a PS3 specific install. How can I get a PS3 specific install of Ubuntu 10.04?

P!X3L
April 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I found one on the daily build site that was dated yesterday so I'm not sure if it is the actual full release, but it's not on the main site. I'm pretty sure there needs to be a PS3 specific install. How can I get a PS3 specific install of Ubuntu 10.04?

I think it comes out a couple days/weeks after the final distro release. Just keep your eyes open. I've been waiting forever for this....

PyroJing
April 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I think it comes out a couple days/weeks after the final distro release. Just keep your eyes open. I've been waiting forever for this....
I have to, I just hope they do release it.

infamous-online
April 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I thought PS3 released an update that prevented any operating system from being installed on the system due to a potential crack in their code. I know I had to run the update or not be allowed to get online with my console?

PyroJing
April 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I thought PS3 released an update that prevented any operating system from being installed on the system due to a potential crack in their code. I know I had to run the update or not be allowed to get online with my console?
I chose the latter of the options to keep the ability to install Linux, just for Ubuntu 10.04. I'm hoping Geohot releases his fix to allow you to upgrade and keep Other OS.

infamous-online
April 29th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I chose the latter of the options to keep the ability to install Linux, just for Ubuntu 10.04. I'm hoping Geohot releases his fix to allow you to upgrade and keep Other OS.

Oh ok I was just wondering that's all. I never tried install an OS on my system how well does it perform on there just curious?

PyroJing
April 29th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Oh ok I was just wondering that's all. I never tried install an OS on my system how well does it perform on there just curious?
Not sure, 10.04 was going to be the first time I tried. I tried to instal with a daily build of Lucid a while ago, but it didn't work well, so I decided to wait for the final release