PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A few Docky / 10.04 RC questions

JEJ514
April 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Good morning, all! First off, many thanks for the great software. I installed the 10.04 RC a few days ago, and am extremely impressed. And started playing around Docky yesterday, and like it as well. I'm amazed at the amount of work and polish folks put into all this and then give it away for free. So cool.

I've got 10.04 RC on two machines, and have a couple questions about getting Docky to work as I'd hope.

1) Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom dual core, nvidia Ion), 10.04 RC 64bit. (Actually, my questions aren't machine specific...
A) Is there a way to make a launcher for the Ubuntu menu?
b) Is there a way to make a launcher for my home folder? (I tried the "open the folder, then click "pin to dock". This leaves an icon on the dock that does nothing when I click on it.)

2) Dell Mini 9, 10.04 RC 32bit. Not all of the docklets that are available on my Revo are available on this one. Session Manager and Network Manager aren't there, and the Weather one hogs all sorts of resources and never actually gets the weather info. I have tried doing a "completely remove" for all the docky packages in Synaptic, but when I reinstall, my previous configuration is there. I would like to try totally removing my configuration and starting from scratch, but am not sure how to do that. I have also tried installing and removing through the Ubuntu Software Center as well as Synaptic.

Any help on any of these questions/issues is greatly appreciated. (I have searched around for answers, but have not found definitive solutions that worked.)

Jeff

JEJ514
April 29th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Update: I have done a fresh install of 10.04 (ie, not RC) on the Mini (32bit) and the same issue remains: The network manager and session manager docklets are not present in Docky.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jeff

iridium21
May 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
(Removed as it's probably best asked as its own question)