PDA

View Full Version : Extremely complimentary review on a respectable website.

marco123
April 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Stumbled across this on The Times website under Tech & Web: http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article7110657.ece

Throne777
April 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
It is a pretty good article. That, coupled with the main article in the tech section that the iPhone and iPad may be withdrawn because Apple is being sued over copyright infringement means it is a very good day indeed.

(God, I hate Apple)

whiskeylover
April 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
(God, I hate Apple)

I'm listening.

Bachstelze
April 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, nice faboyism there. Also, I think Ubuntu was already around five years ago.

Tristam Green
April 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Did you write that, marco123?

marco123
April 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Did you write that, marco123?

It does mirror my own personal experience with Ubuntu, but no I didn't write it myself. It says Hugo Rifkind at the top of the article.

Chrysantine
April 29th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, nice faboyism there. Also, I think Ubuntu was already around five years ago.
Indeed it was - however such things don't usually get remembered by the rabid fanboys.

Pretty normal Linux blog entry, shutters on - reality off.

Throne777
April 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Indeed it was - however such things don't usually get remembered by the rabid fanboys.

Pretty normal Linux blog entry, shutters on - reality off.

Sure it's fanboy-ish, but then it's on The Times website and not some obscure tech magazine that only hardcore computer enthusiasts care about. For one of the leading British newspapers to plug Ubuntu like that is pretty cool.

And yeah, I was running Ubuntu 5.something or other, about 5 years ago. Compiling that wireless driver from source whose name escapes me. Gah, that's going to bug me. What was the name of that thing?