PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Lynx no problems

ex-wirecutter
April 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Have just downloaded Lucid 10.04 AMD 64 and it all works ! Drivers loaded automatically when printer etc. plugged in , just though I'd say thank you to the devs. Brilliant job.( Makes a change from reporting problems ).

AndyBoy_LV
April 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Is it out already? :) I think you downloaded Release Candidate, which is not a good thing :))

zeroseven0183
April 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Release Candidate is the next best thing to final release. You just need a little bit of updates to fix some late bugs and you're as good to go us having the official one.

The only reason why I'm waiting for the official release is the ISO -- CD reproduction for my friends.

bumanie
April 29th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Lucid lynx has been delayed for a day or two to respin the images - apparently some have been borking windows-dual boot systems. read 23meg's posts in this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1463554&page=30) thread

ex-wirecutter
April 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I got it from the " Daily Build " site dated 29th.April so must be more or less final release except for a few tweaks. Anyway am very pleased with it . Only thing I've read about is a bit of a partition problem with dual booting Windows 7 , or so I understand, could be wrong .

smerral
April 29th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yes I agree - no major problems! I had a problem with karmic when the computer would crash unless I disabled the hi-speed usb. But this seems to have been solved in Lucid - great! :P

ttshivers
April 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Yes I agree - no major problems! I had a problem with karmic when the computer would crash unless I disabled the hi-speed usb. But this seems to have been solved in Lucid - great! :P

I have not had any problems with any of Ubuntu's releases. I hope that will stay the same when I upgrade to Lucid Lynx.

cuberts
April 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I have not had any problems with any of Ubuntu's releases. I hope that will stay the same when I upgrade to Lucid Lynx.As you know, I have not been having problems with the release, but I have had some trouble on Karmic Koala 9.10, such as having trouble printing and also getting the sound to work

ttshivers
April 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM
As you know, I have not been having problems with the release, but I have had some trouble on Karmic Koala 9.10, such as having trouble printing and also getting the sound to work

Yeah. Hopefully Lucid Lynx will solve all your problems.

cuberts
April 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah. Hopefully Lucid Lynx will solve all your problems.so some of the drivers that i will install will help me solve my problenms?

JPA2
April 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Just upgraded from 9.10 Somehow my IDE Netbeans is not loading, get the splashscreen for netbeans 6.8 then nada. Other than that, its good.

bapoumba
April 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Moved to Cafe.

ttshivers
April 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
so some of the drivers that i will install will help me solve my problenms?

Probabally. Maybey not though