PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall

Wilford Grimley
April 29th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hello All,

Total linux n00b here, anyway on with the show. I recently installed ubuntu as the default os on my laptop due to various reasons and now am wanting to install kubuntu. I am not in the mood for making a live cd so i did what any sensible person would do and found a way around it. I open terminal and type
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop. A series of lines of text pop up and then one that asks whether or not I would like to continue, I of course press yes and then a recieve this error: E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall.
I did some googling and got many supposed results suck as simply typing:
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update but, alas, no dice. I am hoping someone knows a no-brainer quick fix for my n00bish ways.

Thanks,
Grimley

sumo2010
May 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm getting this error too. I'm running kubuntu as well. And I booted up in LiveCD, mounted it, then chroot into it. when i run sudo apt-get -f install (or remove), I get the same error.

Mine came from an incomplete upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04.

troyski
November 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hi you guys,

I was trying to avoid having to buy a Linux Mag to get the latest CD to upgrade, so I tried the more organic way and just did it through the OS itself, and now I get the same error message when the upgrade failed. Worse than that, now I have a new CD and the upgrade won't even work because of the problem.

E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall

Running mountall from the prompt, I got the following error msg:

"This is normally a bug in some application using the Dbus Library Process 1593: arguments to dbus_pending_call_set_notify() were incorrect, assertion "pending != NULL"failed in file dbus-pending-call.c line 596"

Any advice on how to reverse this problem would be greatly appreciated. The machine runs fine, but you can't upgrade at all as long as this problem's there.

michael24sny
November 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM
I also found this error while installing kubuntu.Can you tell me how will i remove this error.

troyski
November 3rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
I was able to resolve this by using the "fuser" command (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/gutsy/man1/fuser.1.html)(can tell you which programs have a lock on which processes) to remove all locks on the mountall and/or dbus processes and then doing a partial upgrade thereafter.

I found this site (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/) and this link (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/gutsy/man1/fuser.1.html) to be very helpful in doing so.

Dfairlite
November 29th, 2010, 01:18 PM
^^Could you expand on this? I am not familiar with fuser (i'm pretty novice at all things linux :)) how exactly did you locate the processes?

dark_horse
May 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and I really wanted to try amarok. I looked for the solution for amarok not being able to play the files and I found your site, Thanks a lot for the tip.

For those who encounter the error
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall

Solution is the version of Ubuntu might be mentioned differently than what the sources.lst file is drawing updating from. To solve it type

prompt> sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.lst

in that change all the instances of lucid to karmic, to do that press ESC key and type
:%s/lucid/karmic/
save the file by typing ESC key followed by command
:wq

after returning to prompt ,type

prompt> apt-get clean
prompt>ant-get update

if you get an error like
E: Could not open lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (13: Permission denied)

then become root for a while by typing
prompt> su
and then enter root password (to set root password type prompt>su passwd)

Proceed executing the above command ..
prompt> sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras

I am typing this with amarok playing its first song..

HTH, Cheers!!! :P
Srini