PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz-Resizing

arrow.69
April 29th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Hi,

So I just installed Lucid on my main laptop and it's looking great. I tend to switch back and forth between Windows and Ubuntu or some other distro when I get annoyed with my operating system. I installed Lucid last night and so far have been quite impressed. It's definitely the most polished version of ubuntu so far. And I'm not just talking about the new theme, although that makes a huge difference.

Anyways, I'm just inquiring about an issue I have with Compiz. Basically, operations such as maximizing, resizing, and pseudo-aero-snap are excruciatingly slow, ruining an otherwise smooth experience.

I doubt this is a bug specific to my hardware or drivers, but for the record, I'm on an ATI HD 3650 and fglrx drivers. As far as I know resizing has always been Compiz's Achille's heel. For me, it's always been slow and sluggish. Do you guys know what's causing the issue, whether there's anything I can do to make it better, or if there's any plans for the devs to improve resizing performance?

Also, don't bother leaving comments such as: "Compiz is slow and buggy anyways. Use Xfce/Icewm/dwm". If i want to boot into a terminal only OS and learn vi I'll give you guys a call.

Thanks!

stinkeye
April 29th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Try indirect rendering which can be easily set with fusion-icon.