PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] tightVNC install

skynet_2000
April 29th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I need some help here please I used the Synaptic Package Manager to install the tightVNC server and viewer, but I cannot find them anywhere Anybody have any idea on this thanks

Rod J
April 29th, 2010, 02:20 AM
I have installed xtightvncviewer here on Jaunty. It appears in the internet category of the applications menu. If you can't find it there you should be able to start it in a terminal using 'xtightvncviewer'. I don't have the server part installed so I'm not sure what the server app name will be (have a guess). :)

skynet_2000
April 29th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I have installed xtightvncviewer here on Jaunty. It appears in the internet category of the applications menu. If you can't find it there you should be able to start it in a terminal using 'xtightvncviewer'. I don't have the server part installed so I'm not sure what the server app name will be (have a guess). :)

ok I can see a small window on the left side but is blank I want to configure the viewer..

2hot6ft2
April 29th, 2010, 03:32 AM
ok I can see a small window on the left side but is blank I want to configure the viewer..
put the IP Address of the machine you want to connect to in the window and hit enter.

2hot6ft2
April 29th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I'm not sure what the server app name will be (have a guess). :)
x11vnc
You can install it with

sudo apt-get install x11vnc
and start it in a terminal on the server with

x11vnc
And yes to the starting it in a terminal using 'xtightvncviewer'