PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine broke after upgrade?

Doug11
April 29th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I just upgraded to Lucid a few days. All went well and I seem to like it. But when I went to get a new program to run in wine, any EXE i try to install will not work. Is there a fix for this? I will try find the exact message.

Doug11
April 29th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Here is what the error is

The file '/home/doug/Downloads/angel201b2.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

Doug11
May 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
*Bump

lechien73
May 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Wine isn't broken, it's just Nautilus stopping you from executing an untrusted file.

To get the file to execute, right click on the file and go to Properties. Click on the "Permissions" tab, and check the box that says "Allow executing file as program".

If the .exe file is an installer, then Wine will automatically give the installed program executable permissions.

HTH

Doug11
May 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Wine isn't broken, it's just Nautilus stopping you from executing an untrusted file.

To get the file to execute, right click on the file and go to Properties. Click on the "Permissions" tab, and check the box that says "Allow executing file as program".

If the .exe file is an installer, then Wine will automatically give the installed program executable permissions.

HTH

Thanks, that did the trick. I had to do that with all the exe files that i had.