PDA

View Full Version : Hosting own website

m4tic
April 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM
greeting all. I finally want to start my own business. I'm registering the CC sometime next month and before i do that i want to sort out the website issue. I want to start off by running the site on my own machine and not it being hosted by a company, maybe i'll change my mind after some time. The domain registration process is complicated and new to me. Everyone recommends www.afrihost.com (http://www.afrihost.com) (can someone look it up) but all the termination they use is confusing and for a first timer like me I don't want to make any decisions untill someone has offered clear advice. I'm still a student and do not want major products, just to register the name and to know how it will all work after that. I'll get someone to set up the server for me if its that difficult, i only want to host it myself. Can someone offer some insight on the domain reg process?

whiskeylover
April 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Domain registration is a fairly simple process. You first check if your desired domain is available. If yes, you fill out their form and submit, make the payment and the domain name is yours.

The hard part come after you register your domain when you need to update your name servers etc.