PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] It's black before the splash come out during lucid booting

apporc
April 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I think it should be that the splash comes out immediately after one click ubuntu to boot in grub.
just like that in windows....

But always it's black with a cursor twinkling before the splash comes out.And in fact it holds most of the boot time in the black screen.When splash comes out it just exists less than one second and immediately goes to the login window.

So what's the problem?
Can anybody give an advice.
Though ubuntu lucid is very very wonderful now , i want it to be better .
Thank you alll.

Alan James
April 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I was talking about this on here with someone else. We decided we wouldn't worry about it until the final Lucid comes out as we figured it was just a beta problem. When it comes out we would ask the question and try to solve that problem.

DGMcCloud
April 30th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I've got exactly the same problem after upgrading from Karmic to Lucid. Found the bug-report and workaround on Launchpad and another forum topic on this issue:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1462765
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plymouth/+bug/540801?comments=all

mister_p_1998
April 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I noticed when I installed Lucid, I had a splash screen, when I imported all my Intrepid exported apps into Package manager - I lost any kind of splash screen, I get a full verbose boot with full details about what is loading and when. Did my apps import remove some part of Lucid pertaining to the splash?

Steve

mister_playboy
May 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
But always it's black with a cursor twinkling before the splash comes out.And in fact it holds most of the boot time in the black screen.When splash comes out it just exists less than one second and immediately goes to the login window.

I agree that the boot doesn't look at good at it ought to, although it's better than what 9.10 had. Having used Ubuntu since 8.10, I'd say 9.04 had the best bootsplash.

apporc
May 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I was talking about this on here with someone else. We decided we wouldn't worry about it until the final Lucid comes out as we figured it was just a beta problem. When it comes out we would ask the question and try to solve that problem.

Oh ,yes.
waiting!
If anybody has the solution , it is great to share it here.