PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bugs I've found in 10.04RC

Kyle1127
April 28th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I'm a relatively new Ubuntu user, came on board a month ago and loving it.

Anyways, I was running 9.10 all fine and dandy with basically no bugs or glitches, but after installing 10.04RC I've noticed a few things.

Whenever the computer boots up, I don't get any nice loading screens. After I get through my normal BIOS screens and the GRUB loader, my screen goes black like its doing something. Then it flickers and I see all this garbled green and blue dots at the top for 10 seconds or so. Then my desktop appears. That process dosn't seem right. I'd expect a loading screen of some sort and that garbled dots is unsettling.

Docky seems a bit buggy. It wouldn't autostart at first, even though "auto-start" was enabled in the settings. I had to disable auto-start. Reboot. Re-enable autostart. Reboot. Now it starts on bootup.

2a. Also, docky seems to randomly kill itself every so often. I have to restart it

My bookmark bar in Google Chrome seems to have a narrower band of highlighted text than it used to. Before there was a bit of extra room on the top and bottom, and the icons were larger than the text next to them. Now the icons seem cropped on the top and bottom, and when hovering over the link, only the highlighting only matches the maximum text height, when it should be larger.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or if they know of any fix. Nothing super major, just minor inconveniences.

My windows intermittently appear without titlebars. On startup, sometimes I have to manually reload Compiz window manager to get them back. Other times it seems to be fine

gordintoronto
April 28th, 2010, 06:22 AM
This should be in the Lucid forum.

Kyle1127
April 29th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Where is the Lucid forum?

gordintoronto
April 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Sorry, I think it's gone now. Lucid became the "current release" today.