PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] RC to Final upgrade

Raven Dizzle
April 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
So, I do have a question (since I'm not very familiar with the ubuntu upgrade process).

I installed the RC of Lucid on an old AMD X2 5600 w/4GB DDR2 ram, and put it in the other room and installed LAMP on it to use as a local development server. It works beautifully over the network.

My question...well..questions are..

1. There will be an upgrade option to go from RC to final release, right?

2. When upgrading, will this kill my LAMP install? I really don't wanna go from scratch now that I have it all up and running with a load of CMS systems installed for test environments:)

limey_rick
April 28th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think the upgrade from the RC to the final release will be a release upgrade. This will be more like an update of the existing version, so your LAMP setup will be ok - I have the same situation.

Raven Dizzle
April 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I don't think the upgrade from the RC to the final release will be a release upgrade. This will be more like an update of the existing version, so your LAMP setup will be ok - I have the same situation.

Great:) Thank you!!

Yeah, I only started using Linux every day with Karmic (booting windows only for games), so I wasn't sure how the release to release upgrades worked:)