PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I downgrade?

the aftermath
April 27th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 and hate it. Firefox and any other browser are laggy when scrolling, some of the buttons in VLC don't even work, and the second hard drive I have installed doesn't even show up anymore. :( So the question is, how do I downgrade back to 9,04? I can't take this anymore.

Vined Adobo
April 28th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 and hate it. Firefox and any other browser are laggy when scrolling, some of the buttons in VLC don't even work, and the second hard drive I have installed doesn't even show up anymore. :( So the question is, how do I downgrade back to 9,04? I can't take this anymore.

You can try to backup your home directory and re-install 9.04 then restore your home directory.

You will have to re-install some of the packages which will quit working, but that should not be too difficult.

Do backup and do be careful

Dave

tekkidd
April 28th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Did you upgrade in the form of and upgrade or a format reinstall. If you upgrade, then their is your problem, and i suggest doing an upgrade in the form of format reinstall. But if you did a format reinstall try reinstalling it or just install 9.04 back

ggdancer
April 28th, 2010, 02:36 AM
alternatively you could hang on for a couple of days and upgrade to 10.04 which should be released on the 29th.

v1ad
April 28th, 2010, 02:45 AM
yea 10.04 lts is supposed to be fast. give it a few days.