PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mustek SE A3 USB 1200 Pro scanner not detected

Scott McLay Forbes
April 27th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I have a Mustek SE A3 USB 1200 PRO Scanner. I have followed the sane website's instructions for installing all the necessary configuration files, compiling my own files, just about everything seems to work, except for scanimage -l. It returns "no scanner device found."

Xsane returns the same message (of course.)

I was hoping somebody else uses Ubuntu or one of its variants, and also has a Mustek A3 like I do and has gotten it working. If not, I need to let the sane developers know that their device list needs updating. :-(.

But, looking at things positively, my scanner works great under windows vista, which I dual boot. So I cannot complain. I'd just like to have the bragging rights to having my artwork scanned under a Linux distribution. I guess I'm just interested free software than the expensive alternative, since I am on a budget.

sincerely,
Scott McLay Forbes
scottf@q.com

neilblue
May 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hi Scott,

I am sorry to say that I too have this scanner, and as much as I would love to use it under Linux I have had to resort to VirtualBox and windows to use it. But I have seen some discussion here on driver development:

http://old.nabble.com/Mustek-ScanExpress-A3-USB-1200-PRO-td19385468.html

Cheers
Neil