PDA

View Full Version : I am curious if there other fight-lovers around here ;)

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Hello :)

I said yesterday I love a good old beat-everyone-up-style moshpit. Any other moshpit-lovers here? And which ones do you like? The friendly ones were you just run into each other or the cool brutally violent ones were you kick and punch each other in the face (yeah! ^^)

And which music do you like most when your fighting?

So much for the moshpits, anybody here loves MMA or a good old brutal street fight? :guitar:

Just curious...

madjr
April 27th, 2010, 07:54 AM
i love mma

and training martial arts, but not really into hurting people myself (even if it's group fun ;p)

mosh can be loads of fun (if no one gets hurt too much of course)

probably the thread might be a little too brutal for these forums?..

anyway i saw your anime list, is very nice (we got similar taste)

i can recommend to you a great anime: Saint seiya

brutal, but awesome, it's a classic, probably my favorite

it's almost cult-like all over the world (almost as much as linux hehe):o

the first few episodes may seem little old, but the animation and style just gets better and better till it's just wow, to fully understand is good to pick up from the beginning. Sub is better IMO.

Chronon
April 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I like the friendlier mosh pits -- like the ones that don't involve someone driving their skull into my face.

I don't do MMA but a friend of mine from high school has done pretty well for himself with it.

frankbooth
April 27th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I love MMA, but I do enjoy traditional martial-arts as well.
Have also been training MMA for almost a year now, very intense way of working out and great fun!

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I like the friendlier mosh pits -- like the ones that don't involve someone driving their skull into my face.

I like to do that myself :lolflag: Or kick someone in the scroth with steel boots with needles in front :cool: Okay I never did the last thing, but thatīs because I never got the chance. But the less friendly, the more fun!

What music do you like?

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 09:10 AM
i love mma

and training martial arts, but not really into hurting people myself (even if it's group fun ;p)

mosh can be loads of fun (if no one gets hurt too much of course)

probably the thread might be a little too brutal for these forums?..

anyway i saw your anime list, is very nice (we got similar taste)

i can recommend to you a great anime: Saint seiya

brutal, but awesome, it's a classic, probably my favorite

it's almost cult-like all over the world (almost as much as linux hehe):o

the first few episodes may seem little old, but the animation and style just gets better and better till it's just wow, to fully understand is good to pick up from the beginning. Sub is better IMO.

Thanx for the tip, if itīs got killing and bloodshed and lookes good I am all for it!

Why donīt you enjoy beating someone to pulp if you do enjoy martial arts?

Crunchy the Headcrab
April 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM
This is creepy. Doing violence to other people for no reason is stupid. I don't consider MMA doing violence for no reason, even if I do consider it uncivilized. I do however consider kicking someone while wearing spiked boots, just because you can, quite infantile.

Linye
April 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM
mma fan here

and about the music. Hardcore.

frankbooth
April 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
This is creepy. Doing violence to other people for no reason is stupid. I don't consider MMA doing violence for no reason, even if I do consider it uncivilized. I do however consider kicking someone while wearing spiked boots, just because you can, quite infantile.

Never really seen the point of this moshpit thing either, but hey... whatever floats their boat, I surely won't be attending :P.

I do understand why people think MMA is too violent. But if you think about it, it's just like boxing, judo, taekwondo and wrestling (all which are olympic sports) combined.
Sure the rule set is a bit different, but doesn't that take away the fact that they are athletes.
What it comes down to really is what you're used to see, my mother thought it was all too violent as well and got pretty upset when I told her I had started training (even though I don't live at home any more).
Nowadays she understands what it's about and likes to talk about it whenever I come visit :).

NightwishFan
April 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I have trained in various martial arts over the years. My favorites are Muay Thai and Krav Maga. Though I am actually a pacifist, I do not fear a challenge. The only reason to fight is to protect.

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Offcourse itīs infantile. Who cares!? It rocks... literally :D

DrMelon
April 27th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Offcourse itīs infantile. Who cares!? It rocks... literally :D

Every ounce of your statement exudes pure immaturity. I do not believe that you take part in such activity, you seem far too young to be anywhere near being able to do this.

Especially considering you're in the middle of watching Lucky Star. I just can't place someone who likes violent mosh pits watching Lucky Star to be honest.

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Every ounce of your statement exudes pure immaturity. I do not believe that you take part in such activity, you seem far too young to be anywhere near being able to do this.

Especially considering you're in the middle of watching Lucky Star. I just can't place someone who likes violent mosh pits watching Lucky Star to be honest.

I am 18, which is old enough to have a good fight.

I love action series and games like mortal kombat and the like, but I also like komedy, so yes I like Lucky Star and K-on! too. What is strange about that??

NCLI
April 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Only classic boxing for me. Go Kessler, go!!

chucky chuckaluck
April 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
i love mma. although i detest violence, i have the same fascination for actual fighting that i have for car accidents. for self-defense, i am a longtime practitioner of scram-fu.

eragon100
April 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Only classic boxing for me. Go Kessler, go!!

Why would you want to fight with only your fists? You canīt even kick your opponent :(

kavon89
April 27th, 2010, 01:52 PM
We should start some sort of small, private fighting club so we can have organized and friendly 1v1 matches! :rolleyes:

madjr
April 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
We should start some sort of small, private fighting club so we can have organized and friendly 1v1 matches! :rolleyes:

bring in the windows lovers :lolflag:

jetsam
April 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
What's nice abou the mosh pit at a good show is that outside the show... there's just a line of punks...

Then you pass the anarchist brigade at the booth wha? They ask you for money and/or donations...

And you're in the lobby.

Which is just the start of the venue.

Somewhere in this venue during the night that is usually promised there may or may not be a mosh pit, and you can get or keep as close to or as far away from it as you want to.

If you're one of those people that stands at the back looking uncomftorable and alone-- you may be in for a surprise, but you almost invariably come out the other side shaken and not stirred...

Anyways...

I'm all for community and detest street fights and violence and mourn riots but support protests...

...and I'm afraid of fire.

Lightstar
April 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Violence is for people with small minds.

madjr
April 27th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Thanx for the tip, if itīs got killing and bloodshed and lookes good I am all for it!

Why donīt you enjoy beating someone to pulp if you do enjoy martial arts?

I suffered from lots of issues and depression when i was younger, i overcame that (with help) by training my mind to it's breaking point.

but am realizing everyday that there isn't a limit anymore.

today i follow the teachings of Buda , Sun-tzu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Tzu) (art of war), Bodhi Dharma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhidharma) (founder of the Shaolin martial arts) and even Einstein ^^ (none of them believed in limits)

then i like Masami Kurumada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Seiya) (creator saint seiya) for adapating all their teachings into an Manga/Anime

They always thought the mind was the key to the universe

back while studying psychology, i was amazed at what things people can get addicted to (either bad or good).

while you release tons of adrenaline hitting random people, i prefer to train or something more personal 1 on 1.

since all we were doing is sparring, i wouldn't feel good if they got injured.

unless someone is robbing my house or picking on my family/friends i wouldn't kick the *** out of them. :P

But is ok, at your age you should be having fun and getting experience. The human brain doesn't fully mature till you're 23+, when that happens you'll feel as if you were 1 level above. It's almost an automagical shift in mindset.

jetsam
April 27th, 2010, 04:48 PM
...Yeah, or something. I'm untrained in the martial arts-- never took a class is what I mean.

But I know you don't need the fight to get to the chase with many of the schools. A lot of them are more about how to maintain more than how to fight.

And there's a line in the Te-Tao-Ching book "A sage never need leave his room..." or something like that. Truer than ever these days, if the internet is in your room. There's plenty enough conflict to see on the web, and even ways to put your own system at risk if you go out looking for them.

There's something I've never understood... why fight when you can tailgate at a football game, or go to the WWF, or join a circus, or... trade stuff for love and/or money.

I guess because some people just like to test the limit to the edge, and then they get wrapped up or something in the beyond.

Fire extinguishers are good things.

eriktheblu
April 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I am a student of violence, but not a fan. Fighting on all scales is an interesting topic worthy of study. The lessons of violent conflict are proven in the harshest conditions and can be readily applied in day to day life.

Sun Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi have had their writings interpreted for the business world. I have learned countless things about psychology from my time as a soldier. The martial arts (at least most of the traditional arts) teach first how to overcome physical confrontation, then how to live without conflict.

Violence as a means of protecting others is justifiable. As a means of imposing will or a form of entertainment I find it abhorrent. It is never the only option and rarely the best one.

NCLI
April 27th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Why would you want to fight with only your fists? You canīt even kick your opponent :(

Because it brings in a lot of strategy to have them be that restricted in what they can do. It takes brain as well as brawn ;)

Games with no rules don't require much thought, just skill and fast reactions. I don't care about those kinds of "sports," strategy and planning is what interests me.

Grenage
April 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM
No.

jetsam
April 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
What she said, but things continue no matter what we do...

cascade9
April 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I used to always be in the frot, moshing...until it stopped being fun and started being just violent. Throwing people around but not trying to hurt them? Excellent. Punching people? Not cool.

I like to do that myself :lolflag: Or kick someone in the scroth with steel boots with needles in front :cool: Okay I never did the last thing, but thatīs because I never got the chance. But the less friendly, the more fun!

What music do you like?

I've seen people get a size 10 steelie to the gonads. When I started moshing, that only happened if you had an absolute idiot who was trying to hurt people, there would be some unspoken thing happen in the crowd and that person would get hammered (like the ^%&*$ skinhead I saw doing front-flips to boots first into peoples heads at...*thinks*... buffalo tom).

Linye
April 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Because it brings in a lot of strategy to have them be that restricted in what they can do. It takes brain as well as brawn ;)

Games with no rules don't require much thought, just skill and fast reactions. I don't care about those kinds of "sports," strategy and planning is what interests me.

In mma there's more strategy involve than in boxing because the fighter deals with more things. Fist, elbows, kicks, knees, the clinch and if it go to the ground there's a whole new world to strategize.

jetsam
April 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
But isn't mano a mano-- limiting?

NCLI
April 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
In mma there's more strategy involve than in boxing because the fighter deals with more things. Fist, elbows, kicks, knees, the clinch and if it go to the ground there's a whole new world to strategize.

That's not strategy, it's just thinking fast, reacting to a changing situation, and being stronger than your opponent. Regulations and rules are needed for something to involve serious strategy, IMO.

bapoumba
April 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
How did I miss that thread :/
I'm not sure everyone enjoys talking about such violence on UF. There are many other places it can be discussed. Closing the thread.