PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Touble with Ati and 10.04

proggy
April 27th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Hello everyone,
First time forum user,
This problem might have been adressed before.
I`ll start with my specs :
AMD Athlon 64*2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3/10 Ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
ATI 4000 SERIES card
My monitor an HP W2207H HD MONITOR is hooked up by DVI to HDMI.

A few weeks ago i ugraded to 10.04 from 9.10 and had splash screen problems where i couldnt logg in , then the screen would flicker at times where i couldnt see the loggin screen.
Today i downloaded the instalation live cd and had the flickering all through the live cd boot process and even had an instalation fail error message (i wasn`t installing just booting the live cd)
I`ve been an ubuntu user since version omg i`t been so long i don`t remeber which one.
I hope this issue goes away before final release , i hate to have change distos after all this time ](*,).
Any one have any ideas (i only see a graphics driver issue)which i`m not good at fixing which is why i use Ubuntu>\.

proggy
April 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hello everyone,
First time forum user,
This problem might have been adressed before.
I`ll start with my specs :
AMD Athlon 64*2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3/10 Ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
ATI 4000 SERIES card
My monitor an HP W2207H HD MONITOR is hooked up by DVI to HDMI.

A few weeks ago i ugraded to 10.04 from 9.10 and had splash screen problems where i couldnt logg in , then the screen would flicker at times where i couldnt see the loggin screen.
Today i downloaded the instalation live cd and had the flickering all through the live cd boot process and even had an instalation fail error message (i wasn`t installing just booting the live cd)
I`ve been an ubuntu user since version omg i`t been so long i don`t remeber which one.
I hope this issue goes away before final release , i hate to have change distos after all this time ](*,).
Any one have any ideas (i only see a graphics driver issue)which i`m not good at fixing which is why i use Ubuntu>\.
BUMP!:popcorn:

Anyone?

Raven Dizzle
April 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
BUMP!:popcorn:

Anyone?

I had a similar problem in the beta version, but the RC seems to have fixed it for me. ATI HD4870.

proggy
April 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Well problem solved, after reinstalling Ubuntu 9.10 , i decided to try the upgrade to 10.04 once again but after the upgrade i got the flickering like before if you can call it that (screen would go black constantly back and forth)
So i tried recovery mode menu which also had the flickering but was able to choose safe graphics mode a couple of times until finally i got to see the desktop without flickering
Rebooted again in normal mode and got my desktop :).
I`m unsure what happened exactly but it seemed like my graphics card was able to kick into my monitor for some reason.
I`m a happy camper ! I wuv Ubuntu and will keep using it for years to come \\:D/